Rachel Tessa Gezerseh, business litigation attorney and alumna of Southwestern Law School (class of ’07), has developed an interactive presentation for students and professionals to share her experience interviewing with BigLaw firms, getting a summer associate job, and the lessons learned over the course of her career in BigLaw from junior to senior associate.
Rachel developed her presentation to inspire students and professionals by sharing stories about her nontraditional path to BigLaw and also to provide concrete strategies for finding fulfilling work in the legal profession.
Rachel is an engaging storyteller with a background in theater, film and television. Throughout her presentation she shares humorous tales from the BigLaw trenches, real-life case studies and nuggets of wisdom from other professionals she’s interviewed.
Presentation topics include:
- What to do NOW to increase your chances of getting a legal internship/job
- Making useful connections while pre law, in law school, or in the profession
- The value of On Campus Interviewing (OCI)
- How to make connections when you think you have none
- Overcoming gender bias in law
- What it’s really like being a full-time lawyer and mother of two
- February 2019, University of Law Verne, College of Law
- March 2019, Suffolk University Law School
- September 2018, Pepperdine Law School, Career Services Presentation
- October 2018, Southwestern Law School, Alumni Resources Network Reception
- November 2018, Phi Alpha Delta International Pre-Law Conference
- August 2018, Loyola Law School Career Development Center Presentation
- August 2018, Phi Alpha Delta International Convention
- February 2017, University of Miami School of Law Student Group Presentation
- November 2016, San Diego State University, Pre Law Group Presentation
- May 2016, University of California, Berkeley – Pre Law Joint Presentation
- April 2016, University of Southern California – Pre Law Society Presentation
Looking for a Speaker?
Rachel’s speaking experience ranges from keynote presentations to panelist discussions.
If you are a college, law school, pre-law organization, community group, business, or conference, Rachel would love the opportunity to bring her presentation to you.
Speaking references available upon request.